Monday, June 28, 2010

Amy Butler's Portfolio made into a Journal Cover




For my friend Anita's birthday I was deliberating over what to make for her. I think I was surfing online for Amy Butler stockists and came across her free patterns online. After finding a gorgeous journal at Nook in Brisbane last year, I always wanted to make my own. Amy Butler had a portfolio design that I just adjusted slightly to fit the journal that I bought ($4.95 Quill ring bound journal from a local Newsagent) and then made it into a cover instead. I am pretty happy with it and am going to perfect it more so it can be a handmade and lovingly created gift for friends. This one I made out of ink and spindle fabric (thats where your bird fabric is from Lauren) that I got from the Stitches and Craft show last year in Sydney (I hadn't even used it yet!!!) and a basic yellow and white polka dot fabric from a lovely new fabric store I found, because I just love natural and yellow fabric together. I bought some beautiful bright Amy Butler fabric last week so I am going to make another for a friends birthday! Hopefully it will be even better than the first! Try it out for yourself. It is very easy...although for me it was a bit like reading a map at first...I'll get back into practice!

4 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous Anna - as does the new look blog! Very cute. Very you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. The background is just one of their new generic ones for blogs. I wanted to make my own but dont have the resources right now :( I was going to ask you but you have soooooooo much on your plate right now. Glad you like it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you have done such a good job Anna! The colours go really well together....I can't stop looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am working on cutting down projects so maybe soon I will be able to make time to make you something because I would love to! x

    ReplyDelete