Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Whats been going on lately?!






(Annamoa fabric (in blue, multicolour & yellow (I didn't get the yellow one with bird cages, I wanted to but it was out of stock): and the MALM 4 draw chest in black-brown IKEA)

It's been a bit of a hectic month or two it seems and time is rushing by me so quickly that often days go by and I think "what have I done?" or even "what day is it today?". I lack so much of my usual energy and so I have settled with just taking care for Isabelle and enjoying the last few weeks of just "her & me" time, and on the days I can't even do that...it's her, me and the TV time.

In the last two months my in-laws have visited and enjoyed Isabelle's new developments, I have stopped being a Sunday School teacher (although nothing official completed it, I'm pretty sure people have started realising that I am no longer doing it :) I have stopped going for walks and taken up sitting on my bottom and crocheting, which I have thoroughly enjoyed getting my head around patterns and figuring out what it is *meant* to look like! Although lately I have been dreaming of going for a lovely stroll once the twins have arrived. I had a beautiful baby shower thrown to me by my beautiful and generous sister-in-law and mother-in-law and since then have slowly been making thank you cards, and looking dreamily at all the gifts and letters people so lovingly gave. I also got my hair done which was in need of some sprucing up and about 5 hours off from being mum (although the twins sure kicked me enough to remind me that they were still in there). Luke and I also converted Isabelle's cot into a little toddler bed which she loves and took to really quickly, and now I am starting (slowly) to introduce the potty just for number 2's...she is growing up very quickly and loves doing 'new' things and I am sure she will be a wonderful big sister.

I have also been thinking about the nursery/guest room and how to decorate and have only started seriously getting the extra things I needed and beginning the decorating part, but it is going slowly, because of dwindling energy & Isabelle liking to 'help'. So far the room will eventually have the two cots in there (but we will move one into our bedroom for the first few weeks/months after the twins arrive); the change table (which will also live in our room for the same time the single cot does) and our queen guest bed, and a chest of drawers MALM in dark brown from IKEA. I also got extremely excited when I was last in IKEA (as you do) and saw their range of fabrics which I have used to cover some canvas and make some bright and cheerful art pieces for the twins to love. Even though I love neutral colours, it seems babies do prefer the stuff they can see :) so this time around, the nursery is going to be quite bright, which I think will work well since we can't paint the walls. (The Annamoa range from IKEA is so cute!) The next few weeks I hope will bring a little more energy (but I know that resting is actually a lot better for the babies) & some lovely memories with Isabelle. I hope to have some nicer pictures of the baby nook soon to show but until then, here are nursery rooms from Apartment Therapy that have inspired me so far.

2 comments:

  1. You bubbies are very blessed to have such a fun and creative mum making their space. I adore the green room! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the green room does remind me of you :) and guess what...it is actually called "the Green Room" :) how inventive :-/ its not going that well lately...wish you were here to help me make some creative decisions!!! x

    ReplyDelete