Saturday, February 2, 2013

Do Everything...



When I heard this (somewhat corny song) I nearly cried...cos I think being a mum often seems really worthless and repetitive...

When it seems like I've broken up a slapping fight for the 30th time each day, or swept the floor after each meal or play dough creation, or cleaned up a puddle of wee (or...poo :-/) , or wiped yogurt out of their hair, or been woken up again in the night to shoosh them back to sleep, or brush their hair through a screaming episode, or calm a distressed little person over the wrong socks or shoes or outfit, or negotiating them to eat something that was their favourite thing two days ago...the daily list goes on and on and on and on...and it feels...tiring.

I know I am certainly not the only one. That's why when I heard this song it resonated with me and made me feel like I am doing something...even when I tell myself that these little somethings are nothing. They are.  I hope this song makes you feel like that too.

X

1 comment: