Friday, February 8, 2013

First DIY in new home


My first official DIY for our home! The girl's window seat in their room! I chose this Garden District fabric in Caiman Pink and I am so pleased with the result.  The girls love it! It has already improved the feel of the room. I put a layer of wadding underneath as I didn't get rid of the fabric that was already on the seat. And just started working on the stretching and stapling of the fabric. I was very happy I bought the more expensive upholstery fabric (for many reasons, but mainly cos it was so easy to use) and the added bonus was I chose one with a geometric print, which made it so much easier to line up correctly and it was in itself a guide. I also stretched the fabric as if I was stretching a canvas...something that I was glad to have learnt at uni doing my art degree...stuff I learnt is coming in handy ;)

The photo of the fabrics are some I already have...they don't really "go" but I am going to see what I can do with them for a few little throw cushions.

I have also covered the window seat for baby's room, which I will post about later :) next project, find my sewing machine and buy block out curtains!



10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Anna! You clever lady you. Very Proverbs 31 of you :) Your hubby (and kids!) is blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! You did such a neat job. xx SUper sweet photos too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. and I didn't swear at all!!

      Delete
  3. oh cheeky monkeys looking out the window! Looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it in person ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) hopefully sooner rather than later xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. Good on you, that's fantastic! It looks great... clever lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! This is such a beautiful change and I really like your fabric and colour choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete